Interested in planning a reunion but don’t know quite where to start? Here are some helpful tips to get you on your way – download the UBC Forestry Reunion Planning Handbook or look below for a brief overview
Organize a planning committee
- Form a committee of individuals who will have the time and energy to organize the event.
- Identify one person from the committee to get in touch with the Alumni Relations Office in the Faculty of Forestry.
Contact the Faculty of Forestry
- The Alumni Relations Office can help you contact your former classmates. First download the Forestry Alumni Information Release Form, fill it out and then fax or email the completed form to Janna Kellett at 604-827-3082 or email@example.com.
- We can also help you send out invitations and create a website to collect RSVP’s. Contact Janna to see how we can help.
Set a date and location for the reunion
- View the list of suggested venues
- Consider the following:
- Is this a one day event or multiple days?
- Will there be group outings or activities? (golf, nature hike, dinner).
- What are the costs involved? Will you have a treasurer or will each attendee need to pay at the event? How will upfront bills be paid?
- Let the Alumni Relations office know the date and location so we can help spread the word via our website, the Forestry Alumni E-Newsletter and Branchlines Magazine.
Forest Sciences Centre
Loon Lake Research and Education Centre
Cecil Green Park House
Robert H Lee Alumni Centre
UBC Botanical Gardens
University Golf Club
Sage Bistro (formerly the Faculty Club)
Museum of Anthropology
Plan to commemorate the event
- Your class may wish to mark this event in some special way. Consider establishing an award for a UBC student in the name of your class; putting together a reunion booklet with stories about each attendee; building a photo album; or creating a reunion website. The possibilities are endless.
- For more information on the Forestry Legacy Program, please contact Sarah Doran-Coelho at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-822-0898.
Invite alumni to attend
- Send invitations out as far in advance as possible. Make sure to indicate an RSVP deadline as well as dates to follow up with those who have not responded.
Let the Faculty of Forestry know how the reunion went
- We would love to hear what happened at your event so please send photos and stories to the Alumni Relations Office: email@example.com or Forest Sciences Centre, 2424 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC. We’d be happy to include them in the next issue of the Alumni E-Newsletter or Branchlines.